Wednesday, December 31, 2014

My New Year Resolutions

It’s time again for me to take a stab at some New Year resolutions. Let me reminisce at that ones I made at the beginning of 2014. Hmmm, lets see, actually, I don’t even remember what they were to be honest. In an effort to become a better author, my resolutions will be focused on, what else, writing and reading, or is it reading and writing. Anywho, here are my four New Year resolutions.
1)      READING – I’ll admit, I have slacked off tremendously from this. But, I am looking to change that by doing two book reviews, well, maybe just one to start off with, on my blog every month. If you are interested in having me read your book and give an honest review, just e-mail me what genre your book is. I am open to reading almost anything, but my genre of choice is YA, paranormal, supernatural, horror, and Science-Fiction, (I will not review a book that I find inappropriate).


2)      WRITING – A follower of mine doing this on his blog and I thought it was a fantastic idea. I hope he doesn’t mind me copying. I am going to set a goal for myself of 500 words a day on any book I would be writing at the time. Honestly, I have been horrible; no, I guess the better word would be lazy, at finishing up my current novel. Will I hit that number every day? Maybe not every day, but it’s a start, and goal I will try to keep. This next item could be a resolution by itself, but it does fall into writing and that is; finish the MORIUM trilogy by the end of 2015. Does that mean published by the end of 2015, probably not, but my goal is to have the first draft finished by the end of December.


3)      BLOGGING – This falls in line with the two previous resolutions. Potential readers need to know who I am, it is an important step in becoming noticed and in that, I’ve been failing. My goal, a blog post a week (Look, I’ve already started). I also want to help my fellow self published authors out there. If you need a stop on your book tour, or have interest in doing a guest post, or interview, don't be shy, send me an e-mail. Plus I am hoping to get a stranglehold on how to use Wordpress and move my blog over there. 


4)      SOCIAL MEDIA – Not so much on Google +, where I have been blessed with getting to know many wonderful people, but rather on Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook, and to finally get on Pinterest.  




Well that’s it for now, short but to the point. My resolutions kick off in five and a half hours. Will I hold to them or will I fold? Only one way to find out and that is to stay tuned.


Until next time; keep your imagination flowing and may the winds be at your backs in your journey into writing.




HAPPY NEW YEARS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment