Sunday, July 17, 2016

Morium: The Movie?



I’m going to write this post from the hip. Fresh as it comes out of my mind. No editing, just thoughts as they flow out. 

When I sat down to write Morium, and Dark Horizons, I wrote it not only to tell a compelling story with a strong moral basis, but also craft it enough to where it could be suitable for adaptation to script. I played out the scenes in my head as if I were watching them on the big screen. To let you in on a secret, if I was alone, I would actually act out the scene. Silly? Perhaps. But it allowed me to get a better feeling on what I wanted to accomplish for the particular part. Anyway, I’m going off the path. 

Two months ago I submitted Morium to producer Birgitta S. Thorsen. I waited with anticipation on her verdict whether or not to take on Morium. After reading the book, she contacted me letting it be known that Morium had movie written all over it. She passed the book along to a Hollywood screenwriter (whose name shall remain anonymous until the script is written). Needless to say, I was happier than a kid on Christmas morning. Not only because I feel that Morium, and the final two books, have such a big social meaning behind them, but more importantly, the security it could possibly provide for my family if it were to make it the screen. And that is what matters the most to me.

Flash forward to two weeks ago. Birgitta informed me that the screenwriter had finished reading Morium and agreed to write the first draft of the script. After completing the necessary steps to make sure Morium is secured only to me, I now wait for the Library of Congress and the dreaded snail mail to bring the final confirmation of the official copyrights. 

So, this is where Morium is at. Its a very long process and being a person with little to no patience, it will be a nerve racking ride till it reaches its conclusion. Whether it be bad or good, I know my foot is in the door and my foot is keeping that door open. I will continue to post updates as I get them to keep fans of Morium up to date.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations, my friend! The world needs this story in every form possible. Nothing but good from here out! 🍾🍾🍾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Laney 🍸🍸🍹🍹

      Delete
  2. Holy cow! That's amazing! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I have all my fingers and legs crossed for you!! This could be so amazing, and it couldn't happen to a more worthy, amazing person. Good luck my friend, and I so want to see this happen for you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Sean. Keep everything crossed for me my friend 😊

      Delete
  4. How wonderful, Steve, and what a story to be told! I saw the link on FB. I didn't know all this was going on for you, but I'm wishing you the very, very best! Good Luck! I've got my fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete